We were on a road trip. Tisha had been working all day, desperately trying to plan a bachelorette weekend in Austin. Finally, she slammed her computer shut. "This is the worst," she said.
Soon enough, we were sharing our horror stories: how hard it was and how much time it took to find the right places to stay, eat, drink, and do things for our friends' bachelorette weekends.
"If only someone could make this easier," we said, and then looked around.
We were the only people there, so we rolled up our sleeves and got to work.
My Best Friend's Weekend is the result, creating customized itineraries and plans for a bachelorette weekend, pre-filtered and pre-vetted to ensure that you and your best friends have the best possible weekend.
- From: Dallas, TX, but have lived in Atlanta, NYC, and Philly (via Emory & Wharton)
- Before this: Worked in real estate acquisitions and family's fine jewelry business
- Favorite snack: Currently popcorn (Smartfood), of all time hummus
- Favorite drink: Anything cocktail with bubbles. Champagne!
- Hobbies: Roaming around my city (self-diagnosed real estate junkie), food festivals, finding eclectic restaurants/cuisines to try, experimenting with different guacamole recipes, and learning how to Tweet!
- Favorite places (recently) visited: Israel, Charleston, Sonoma, San Diego
- Where do you want to go next? Cuba, South Korea, Argentina, Seattle
- I never travel without...: Travel perfume (Chance by Chanel, committed since 2003) and floss.
- Favorite wedding-related movie: Father of the Bride, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, or the Wedding Singer
- From: Mt. Airy, MD, but have lived in Boston, DC, London, and Philly (via Harvard & Wharton). Now learning how to be a Midwesterner in Chicago.
- Before this: Worked in consulting
- Favorite snack: Almonds (with wasabi, with dark chocolate, with cinnamon ... really anything)
- Favorite drink: John Daly. Or a margarita on the rocks with salt. Or ginger beer. Or cafe au lait.
- Hobbies: Running, ice skating, hiking, cooking (or, more accurately, researching recipes for dinner parties), exploring, (re)decorating my apartment.
- Favorite place(s): If I could only pick one, Cape Town (but other favorites are London, Edinburgh, Cyprus, Istanbul, Rome, and Patagonia). In the US: Nashville, Savannah, Maine.
- Where do you want to go next?: Western / Southwestern road trips, Alaska, Egypt, New Zealand
- I never travel without ...: I aspire to go on trips with nothing more than a purse, toothbrush, and passport. (Okay, fine, and mascara. But that's a necessity.)
- Favorite wedding-related movie: Bridesmaids, hands down