Pictures from our Southern road trip as we visited five of our favorites in Charleston.
Latest itinerary posted from Abby's bachelorette in Charleston! In celebration, and in case you're searching for a few more ideas for things to do in Charleston, five favorites that they didn't get to:
- The biscuits at Hominy Grill. And the John Dalys. And the fried green tomatoes. And ... okay, actually everything there.
- Running down King Street, Rainbow Row, and the Battery -- especially early on a weekend day when no one else is around. Peaceful and beautiful. (Then go visit the Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings nearly year-round.)
- Late night eats at Butcher & Bee -- 100% worth the drive out to North Charleston when you really need a snack at 2am.
- The "dynamite" food at McCrady's. Possibly the best dessert ever ... topping off about five hours of amazing food. (Okay, we may have eaten our way through Charleston. But that's one of the best things about Charleston!)
- Maybe not the point of a bachelorette -- but a plantation (especially in the late spring) and Charleston's historical district are actually super cool and are worth flying in a day early or leaving a day late to go see. (P.S. See if you can get Lauren's great aunt as a tour guide. She's the best.)
- Cheating with a sixth -- drive just outside of Charleston and enjoy exploring the roadside stands and scenery along the way.
Any great things in Charleston we missed? Let us know in the comments or drop us a line at email@example.com.