Greetings! We're facing down a polar vortex on the East Coast (welcome to winter!), but we're excited to be less than two weeks away from (American) Thanksgiving -- which means less than two weeks away from the start of "engagement season." (Just wait if you think we're joking ... slash start making bets with less informed friends about which of your other friends will get engaged first over the holidays. #yourewelcome). More importantly, we're coming up with some very cool new itineraries to share ... along with a holiday surprise or two up our (warm and fuzzy) sleeves. Keep your eyes peeled.
Now, our finds for the week!
- Wedding traditions from around the world. So many good options to choose from (and some to "borrow" for a bachelor/ette.)
- Starting your holiday shopping? Vanity Fair has something for EVERYONE on your list. (If roller skates really are making a comeback, we're so on board for that.)
- Bon Appetit interviewed Miss Piggy. Highlight: her wedding cake with Kermit would be "big enough for us to stand on, then I can just eat my way to the bottom." So practical. (Now we're trying to figure out what her bachelorette would look like ...)
- Aretha Franklin talks about all kinds of things with the WSJ.
- Best desserts around the world. Yum.
- Frustrated with having to use your googlemaps for a cabbie? Maybe every city should have The Knowledge test like London. (Sidebar: Seriously, London cabbies know EVERYTHING. It's worth taking a least one ride in a black cab just to watch them perform their magic.)
- Having a rough week? Chat therapy with robot Carl Sagan can fix that (maybe).
- Also helpful? Creating a list of your successes every day.