Lots of news: we got interviewed on our travel tips and tricks AND guest blogged on Bridesmaid for Hire about our tips for planning a great bachelorette. We're also posting new itineraries (Sonoma's up!) and there are many more updates on weekend trips coming soon (Nashville, Maryland's Eastern Shore, and NYC all on the docket).
And in between all that activity, we obviously found cool stuff for you:
- Martha Stewart Weddings published their 99 favorite resources for wedding DIY. A brilliant list for any party DIY, not just weddings.
- How to brand your wedding. ALSO helpful for any party. (Like our friends who would do a Christmas in November party to "corner the market on Christmas."
- Throwback find: Designer tips for party planning.
- The story behind Tupperware parties -- a seriously fascinating read about impressive saleswomen in the '50s.
- Taylor Swift was responsible for 22% of album sales last week. #crushingit
- Entrepreneurs. Pretty normal people.
- The events that triggered the start of 8 of the world's biggest start-ups (pinterest was a surprise!)
- French hot chocolate and a use for all that Halloween candy you didn't eat (plus ice cream).
- Listen to Amy Poehler's interview on Fresh Air about her new book (we ALSO recommend saying yes to (pretty much) every wacky thing that comes your way).