We've been busy with new itineraries, including New Orleans, yet another Sonoma, Savannah, and Hilton Head. Plus we're catching up on some of the itineraries we haven't posted yet ... and hard at work investigating (and generating, Willy Wonka-style ... we have a wall covered with pictures and post-it notes) the best winter bachelorette ideas just in time for your post-Christmas parties. Look for those before the New Year!
And onto our finds this week:
- A breakdown of the celebrity weddings this year. For inspiration or maybe ideas to avoid?
- Jimmy Kimmel + Elmo suit. Definitely a unique (and sweet) engagement story.
- Private jets and furniture made of gold. Just another typical hotel suite, really. (Do you think we could merge all of everyone's hotel points and get a few nights? There must be a way ...)
- But really, we think we might want to stay at one of these British country houses (Downton Abbey bachelorette? Or Clue (really Cluedo)? ... and we have about eighteen more thoughts, but we'll spare you.)
- Or maybe in one of these luxury treehouses ...
- We're kind of obsessed with the idea of the new Polar Express Train in Canada (plus the dozens of other great Canadian travel ideas gathered here). It feels very glamorous in a Hitchcock-ian, 1960s kind of way with an extra sprinkle of wintry charm.
- The trend of bars in bizarre locations may have gone too far? Or just far enough?
- Gift ideas for the globetrotters on your list: part 1 and part 2.
- Because we can never resist a good biscuit recipe, a biscuit for all seasons.
- And because we can never resist a story about ugly Christmas sweaters (plus a bonus business lesson!)
- Or one around holiday windows. (Sidebar: Possibly the best day of the year in London is when the big department stories on Oxford Street put up their lights and window displays.)
- NPR's book concierge and mix tape for 2014.
- If you've never watched this Ted Talk about how one famous Australian singer overcame her biggest fear (hint: you would think it would make her job even harder), you definitely should.