It was a week of meetings and interviews (lesson learned: switch to decaf or green tea after your third coffee chat or you will get the caffeine shakes) and we're looking forward to sharing what we've learned from wedding planners and vendors over the next few weeks! We also learned that you can use kale in cocktails, pasta, and frosting - and these are all (individually) delicious (promise!) And onto our Friday finds:
- After reading this, we will be baking pies all weekend (and we've got our fingers crossed someone wants to do a bachelorette pie crawl in Memphis. We will taste test!)
- We're also hoping someone wants to do a bachelorette sleepover in the Museum of Natural History.
- Big news: Celebrities are bridesmaids too!
- But, really, if they ever remake 27 Dresses, Jessica Simpson should fight for the lead role.
- Vanity Fair broke down the potential songs of the summer. Our playlist says "Fancy," but our hearts aren't sure...
- The "Keep calm, carry on" slogan wasn't really much used during WWII.
- Watching Netflix could be your job (if you live in the UK). And discussion of how Netflix figured out exactly what movies and shows you'll like.
- Taylor Swift published an op-ed on the future of the music industry in the WSJ.
- J. K. Rowling published a new Harry Potter short story. (And yes, we agree: Christian Bale as grown-up Harry.)
- One Nashville writer listened to Phil Collins on repeat for a week. Her dramatic story.