Our news this week? We worked on bachelorettes in Charleston, Miami, Vegas, Atlantic City, Sonoma, and a few more, launched on instagram, started negotiating a deal via twitter (so you know it's serious) with the girl who posted on Craigslist about being a professional bridesmaid, AND celebrated America's birthday early with fried PB&J at South Philadelphia Taproom. Peanut butter, frosted flakes, and deep frying -- that might be even more American than apple pie.
And, for this long weekend (for our American readers), a LONG list of Friday finds for you:
- For the 4th, food: class up your burgers, get grilling tips for your BBQ ... or, (maybe best of all), try Hemingway's recipe for bacon-wrapped trout (guy's guy AND literary cred with that pick).
- Or, instead, copy America on a plate as interpreted by some amazing chefs. We are 100% making this a cooking challenge for our next 4th of July gathering.
- And for dessert: Vogue UK to the rescue, red velvet cheesecake brownies (we promise it's not that hard to translate to American measurements!)
- The fact it's taken THIS long for Cher's computerized wardrobe to be created in real life makes us think that there really do need to be more female programmers.
- Speaking of wardrobes, Olivia Palermo killed it. New favorite wedding outfit.
- And speaking of weddings, we love all of these things. (Pre-wedding field day? Genius!)
- New music: Scarlett Rabe PLUS a great Nashville playlist (if you haven't listened to Caitlin Rose yet, you should).
- For our friend(s) who wanted fanny packs to come back, maybe this will make that happen?
- Our favorite new restaurant trend.
- And ... if you really want to think this weekend, ruminate on love as a learned language. Is it something you work at? Still deciding ...
Happy Friday and happy 4th!