Welcome to the first of our "10 Favorite Things" series, where we list (around) 10 of our top recommendations for a bachelorette. We're kicking it off with Philadelphia, currently our fair city.
(Why Philadelphia, you ask us? First, it's a vastly underrated city. Second, we live here, so we do have a strong point of view on the best things to do. Third ... well, okay, two reasons was enough for us.)
So, what are 10(ish) of our favorite recommendations for Philly?
- Go for dinners at Zahav (Israeli) and Talula's Garden (awesome farm to table). Although it's hard to go wrong anywhere in Philly because of the number of great restaurants, these are two of our favorites for a bigger group.
- Hang out with the hipsters (sort of) in Northern Liberties: Have a beer and curry fries at Frankford Hall, ride the mechanical bull at Johnny Utah's, then go Silk City (half club, half diner) for dancing afterwards.
- Come in early for the drag show at Bob & Barbara's on Thursday nights (then stay for the $3 PBR + pickleback shot specials).
- Spend Friday or Saturday night at Howl at the Moon, our favorite dueling piano bar.
- Get a group picture in front of the LOVE statute.
- Boot camp on the Schuykill, then run up the Rocky Steps (photo opp #2).
- Late night food at Little Pete's (no website, look for the diner near 17th & Walnut) or Midtown Dinner II (18th & Chestnut). (Grilled cheese!)
- Brunch at Green Eggs. Worth waiting even though they don't take reservations.
- Get donuts (and/or fried chicken) from Federal Donuts or bagels from Spread and people watch in Rittenhouse Square.
- Take a break from doing stuff and hang out playing board games at Raven Lounge.