Between holiday season (so many parties) and upcoming bachelorettes, festivities can take a toll on your skin, so we went to the experts at Vaseline to get their best tips and tricks for faking your beauty sleep:
A bachelorette party is all about showing your best friend the time of her life, but all the fun can take its toll on your skin. Look your best before and after the bachelorette with this simple skincare guide, answering questions you’ve always wanted to know the answers to – like how to quickly reduce puffiness and is Vaseline safe for lips?
Before: Get Glowing
The bachelorette party is just around the corner and you want to look your best and that means healthy, glowing skin. Drink plenty of water and eat lots of skin-boosting foods the week before. Unsure what to add to your diet? Here are three great options:
- If you suffer from blemishes and acne, try tomatoes. They contain the chemical lycopene, which is thought to lower acne-producing hormones.
- If your skin is looking a little tired, eat plenty of foods high in Omega-3 fatty acids, like salmon or mackerel.
- Finally, drink green tea for a boost of both antioxidants and hydration in one little cup.
The night before the big event, treat your pores to a clay mask. This will reduce redness and swelling, naturally giving you a more even base to work with. Add a generous coat of Vaseline to your mouth, which will hydrate this especially delicate patch of skin, so that you wake up with plump, soft lips.
If you’re wondering if Vaseline is safe for lips then it might interest you to know that its triple purification system means that it’s non-irritating and hypoallergenic. In fact, women have been using it for over 140 years to help with dry, chapped lips. That’s enough to reassure anyone but if you still have questions then you can read answers to common questions like is Vaseline safe for lips here.
After: Recover Faster
It’s just as important to keep hydrated and eat well after the bachelorette, but your skincare regime itself will look slightly different. Straight after your event, cleanse thoroughly but gently with a mild cleansing milk that will let your skin breathe again. Then apply a coat of moisturiser to lock in the top layer of moisture and keep your skin hydrated.
If your skin is still looking tired the next morning, it may be time to exfoliate. There are two easy homemade recipes you can try:
1. Keep it simple: just blend baking soda and water to a thick paste, gently apply to your face and then wash off with warm water after 5-10 minutes.
2. Moisturize and exfoliate: for a whole-body scrub that will moisturize while it helps remove dead skin, mix half a cup of olive oil with half a cup of sugar. Keep in an airtight jar and use as a scrub in the shower. Your skin will be both soft and refreshed so that you’re ready to face the day ahead.
On the other hand, if you’re running between bachelorette engagements and just need a quick fix, you can use an eyebath. Simply fill a bowl with plenty of ice, then top it up with water. Immerse your face for 10 seconds at a time, before gently patting dry. Not only will an ice bath reduce lingering puffiness, it will shock your brain into superfast action.