Sonoma is a fantastic, slightly less traveled winery-filled option for a bachelorette weekend, just as easy to get to as Napa but without all the crowds plus a heap of rustic charm (and a wider choice of varietals to taste!). Here's the scoop on the laidback wine-filled bachelorette we helped plan for Erin's sister Maureen:
Where we stayed:
We found a house in Glen Ellen, a beautiful small town surrounded by vineyards, about twenty minutes from downtown Sonoma.
What we did:
- We took full advantage of our awesome house, enjoying a relaxing afternoon as everyone arrived.
- The evening was filled with game and catching up!
- We started early with winery tours, using a limo driver Lauren and Tisha recommended.
- We visited three wineries:
- Gloria Ferrer: Very cool vineyard specializing in pinot noir and chardonnay blend sparkling wines, using the méthode champenoise process of aging and blending.
- Sebastiani. They had a wide variety of wine (along with chocolate and food pairing options).
- Patz & Hall. Focused on single vineyard pinot noir and chardonnay wines, they have a beautiful salon and terrace in Sonoma where we we tasted our way through their great selection.
- After resting at the house, we made our way to Sonoma for dinner at The Girl & the Fig, a French bistro restaurant with delicious food, cocktails, and wine options.
- We made brunch and spent the last few hours taking advantage of the amazing weather in wine country before heading back home.